[CAFR-L] Re: [artsci-council-l] Dean of Arts and Science Appointment Committee - Nomination Form

Bryson Brown brown at uleth.ca
Tue Jan 10 14:43:04 MST 2012

Like John, I'm not in a position to serve this time.

For those who haven't done this before, there isn't a huge amount of
work involved in the first stage (consideration of the incumbent, if he
seeks another term): all that's involved is reviewing and discussing the
feedback from stakeholders in a few meetings, possibly (probably) a late
meeting with the incumbent, followed by a vote at that meeting or a
subsequent meeting.

I haven't been involved in a search, but I suspect there's more work
involved if things get to that point-- reading through a few submissions
(pre-selected by the search company, I think), conducting (at a guess) 3
interviews during site visits by three finalists and making a decision.

Bryson