[CAFR-L] Have you guys seen this?

Margaret L. Forgie forgie at uleth.ca
Fri Jan 27 20:09:52 MST 2012

I for one am horrified at the language of this.  It has been quite clear for some time that course evaluations are often used as a vehicle to vent for students on personal characteristics and so forth that have nothing to do with a person's effectiveness as a teacher. Indeed for departments that have their course evaluations online, there is no control over the students' state of mind when they fill them out. I have received comments that would qualify as legal slander and defamation of character if they weren't anonymous. To now have no idea what is said on those evaluations that is sent to the Dean is utterly outrageous.  Where on earth did this come from?  Margaret.
_______________________

Margaret L. Forgie, Ph.D.
Academic Assistant/Lecturer
Department of Psychology