[CAFR-L] Have you guys seen this?

Hawkins, Maureen hawkms at uleth.ca
Fri Jan 27 22:29:19 MST 2012

When I suggested that the students sign the evaluations, I had in mind that the only legitimate reason for providing fair summaries instead of the original evaluations is to protect the anonymity of the respondents while at the same time making respondents take responsibility for their evaluations. If the students had to sign the evaluations, the problems Margaret points out of students making libelous comments would be limited, and students would be likelier to provide useful feedback. This would require students to evaluate us on the same basis that we evaluate our administrators – and, of course, trust the confidentiality of the process.  As when we evaluate administrators, unsigned evaluations would simply be discarded.  If students didn't like this system, it would seem only reasonable that ULSU take it up with Dean.