[CAFR-L] tip line for people to report neighbours for Œbarbaric cultural practices¹

Byrne, James byrne at uleth.ca
Sat Oct 3 12:05:31 MDT 2015

Toronto Star October 2
Tories ... "relentlessly fanning hostility toward Muslims, targeting them and pandering to nativist sentiments.”

Canadians should be debating
"important choices on the economy, jobs, accountable government, social investment, fair taxation and the environment.”

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2015/10/02/conservatives-fan-antipathy-toward-muslims-to-gain-votes-editorial.html

--
James M. Byrne, Ph.D.

Professor, University of Lethbridge

"please don’t make the mistake of thinking the arts and sciences are at odds with one another … the arts and sciences need to work together to improve how knowledge is communicated.”
Tim Minchin

On Saturday, 3 October, 2015, 11:57 AM, "cafr-l on behalf of Hawkins, Maureen" <cafr-l-bounces at uleth.ca<mailto:cafr-l-bounces at uleth.ca> on behalf of hawkms at uleth.ca<mailto:hawkms at uleth.ca>> wrote:

Postings to this list are *Publicly Archived.* This is an unmoderated list and posters are solely responsible for the content of their messages.

--------------------
Nor do I.

Maureen S. G. Hawkins
Department of English
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, Alberta
T1K 3M4
Canada
(403) 328-7961

Postings to this list are *Publicly Archived.* This is an unmoderated list and posters are solely responsible for the content of their messages.

--------------------
At this point I'd have to say McCarthyism. No point calling in the big guns like Stalin while we can still vote. But still, I don't like Harper's Canada much.

Postings to this list are *Publicly Archived.* This is an unmoderated list and posters are solely responsible for the content of their messages.

Does this remind you more of McCarthyism ("UnCanadian Activites") or Stalinist Russia (report your neighbours for unStalinist thought so we can send them to the gulag!)?

Maureen S. G. Hawkins
Department of English
University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive