[confabulations-l] Next Meeting

Burnett, Ben ben.burnett at uleth.ca
Fri Jul 2 21:31:23 MDT 2010

Hey:

So here's the paper for next week, I hope you enjoy it:

Tichy, W. F. 1998. Should Computer Scientists Experiment More?. Computer 31, 5 (May. 1998), 32-40. DOI= http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/2.675631 (The PDF can be easily acquired via a Google search of the article name.)

Many thanks to Chad for pointing it out.

Although more general in it's coverage, it does speak to the topic we discussed last week, how inadequate some of our methods of algorithm analysis are suited to real world design, so it may be interesting to revisit the idea proposed by Kamp (2010).

Best,
-B