[confabulations-l] The Myth of Metaphor, by Alan Cooper

Burnett, Ben ben.burnett at uleth.ca
Wed Jul 21 20:14:04 MDT 2010

Hey All:

So, the next paper we will look at is Alan Cooper's "The Myth of Metaphor" (He worked on the first version of VB, and co-authored "About Face: The Essentials of User Interface Design" [and it's follow-up versions, which are a great read too.]).  I read this years ago, and really enjoyed it, so I thought it might be a good one for us to look at.  I'm curious what everyone else thinks about it.

http://tafein2009.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/the-myth-of-metaphor.pdf

See you on Monday.

Best,
-B