[confabulations-l] A future paper idea: "You're Doing It Wrong"

Burnett, Ben ben.burnett at uleth.ca
Sat Jun 12 13:41:57 MDT 2010

Kamp, Poul-Henning, "You're Doing It Wrong", http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1814327

"Would you believe me if I claimed that an algorithm that has been on the books as "optimal" for 46 years, which has been analyzed in excruciating detail by geniuses like Knuth and taught in all computer science courses in the world, can be optimized to run 10 times faster? ... [b]ecause, not to mince words, the majority of you are doing that wrong. Not just wrong as in not perfect, but wrong as in wasting half, or more, of your performance."

Regards,
-B