[dm-l] Character reference conversions: help?

Murray McGillivray mmcgilli at ucalgary.ca
Tue Oct 5 14:46:45 MDT 2004

That's what occurred to me immediately. Should work with any
Unicode-based browser. UTF-8 is the more compact 8-bit Unicode
Transformation Format, which encodes each Unicode character in one or
more octets, using basically one octet in ASCII encoding for the most
common Latin characters and so saving space or width.

Murray