[dm-l] online bible versions

Franz Fischer F.Fischer at ria.ie
Tue Jun 28 06:08:45 MDT 2011

Dear list,

What online bible versions for general references would you suggest?

I am interested in any biblical text freely available online, the can be clearly addressed (preferably on the verse level) and that provides a reliable version of the Septuagint, Hexapla, Greek New Testament, Vulgate, Vetus Latina, Arabic, Syriac and Coptic text,
as well as translations into modern languages such as English, Irish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese etc.
As for the Vulgate, the Septuagint, the Hebrew OT and most of the translations I think I'm happy with http://www.bibleserver.com but this is most likely just the symptom of being ignorant ...

Any hint to lists or overviews of biblical mss (such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_Testament_Latin_manuscripts) are most welcome too.

Many thanks in advance for any remark or advice,
Franz

--
Franz Fischer (Dr des.)
Royal Irish Academy

http://www.ria.ie , http://dho.ie/confessio , http://www.i-d-e.de

The Royal Irish Academy is subject to the Freedom of Information Acts 1997 & 2003 and is compliant with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1998 & 2003. For further information see our website www.ria.ie