[globaloutlookDH-l] Second revised prospectus

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Fri Nov 2 11:04:55 MDT 2012

Hi Neil (cc'd the rest of the group),

Here is another revision, incorporating the suggestions you'd made about
governance and trying to incorporate the points about tone and rhetoric
raised by Alex, Oyvind, and in the hallways here, Titi. Because the
disconnect between networks in these different geographic and economic
regions is so strong, and because ADHO is so closely aligned (at the
moment) with the networks in the high income world, it is difficult to
avoid rhetoric that smacks of neocolonialism. In this revision, I've
tried to indicate that this is an attempt to broaden ADHO rather than
co-opt other people.

That being said, it is probably in the end impossible to come up with a
way of describing the current situation that does not run into this
problem. So at a certain point we probably have to say we've done our
best and move on to praxis.

I've worked with this so often, I am not seeing typos any more. If
anybody does, please pass them back to me. I believe unless my changes
are stupider than I think, it is otherwise ready to go to the SC.