Re: [globaloutlookDH-l] Fwd: [DHSI] International Virtual Conference: Afro-Hispanic Studies in Africa/Africa in Afro-Hispanic Studies [Conferencia Internacional Virtual: El afro-hispanismo en África / África en el afro-hispanismo]

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:27:28 MST 2012

I'm thinking that their heart is in the right place. The way they describe
their use of technology reminds me of the way that the #transformdh
movement here at home emphasizes the 'transformative' side of dh over an
actual transforming of dh. In other words, the fact that they are ready to
see technology as transformational is already a great step in the right
direction. My hunch is also that they will know some of the folks working
on more recognizably dh projects in Africa.

I will write to them to let them know about our project(s) in an
exploratory tone. The way I see it, it never hurts to say hi. Sound good to
you?

A.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca