Re: [globaloutlookDH-l] Fwd: [DHSI] International Virtual Conference: Afro-Hispanic Studies in Africa/Africa in Afro-Hispanic Studies [Conferencia Internacional Virtual: El afro-hispanismo en África / África en el afro-hispanismo]

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Nov 21 11:41:07 MST 2012

Absolutely. Susan Brown at Guelph knows the organiser a little if that helps in any way.

I think personally that this an exciting way of gaining some experience in an area go::dh is not very strong in.

Sent from Samsung tablet

Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com> wrote:
I'm thinking that their heart is in the right place. The way they describe their use of technology reminds me of the way that the #transformdh movement here at home emphasizes the 'transformative' side of dh over an actual transforming of dh. In other words, the fact that they are ready to see technology as transformational is already a great step in the right direction. My hunch is also that they will know some of the folks working on more recognizably dh projects in Africa.

I will write to them to let them know about our project(s) in an exploratory tone. The way I see it, it never hurts to say hi. Sound good to you?

A.