[globaloutlookDH-l] Tasks

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Oct 15 10:55:53 MDT 2012

Apologies for a third email in as many minutes. But I thought splitting
the two big issues up might make them easier to digest.

In terms of tasks, I was thinking that there were two main ones:
providing intelligence to ADHO (and the High Income Economies DH world
in general) about opportunities and people in the relevant Mid and Low
Income Economies and researching, discussing, and creating fora for
discussing ways of integrating the two worlds more closely.

The first task really involves relying on our native intelligence and
knowledge of people and institutions: GO::DH in this sense is really
just a conduit through which we can pass on information about
conferences, meetings, potential partners back and forth between the
ADHO world and the world that is not part of ADHO.

The second is a little more actual work, and would involve trying to
proactively discover and promote connections: for example, by organising
sessions at conferences, thinking about special issues of journals or
collections of essays on the topic, and so on.

There's a lot of good work already going on--we should be in closer
contact with the people running THaT Camp Carrib, for example. But that
kind of work it seems to me would fall into the second category.

What do you all think?