[globaloutlookDH-l] Should we look into a DH Session for Nebraska

Neil Fraistat nfraistat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:32:26 MDT 2012

Dan and all,

We might think of doing both, perhaps in the following ways:

(1) A session, as you suggest, in Chinese DH: but someone would have take
fast action right now to get the proposal in before Nov. 1.  I'll have to
check, but it might be that ADHO has the prerogative to sponsor one session
at the conference. If that is true, we could propose this session to the
SC. Perhaps Ray knows about this possibility and could enlighten us.

(2) A roundtable at the centerNet/ACH or at the ADHO lunchtime business
meetings on the larger issue of DH in low and mid economies. Perhaps this
could be structured through a set of proposals that could be taken to
address the issue.

Best,
Neil

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Daniel O'Donnell <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While we are hammering out terms of reference, a concrete work item. One
> useful way of getting the ball rolling might be to schedule a session at DH.
>
> I could see two possibilities: one is to look at the larger issue of the
> lack of DH in low and mid income economies; the other is to concentrate on
> a specific area. Given the interests and ongoing activities, it seems to me
> that Latin America/Caribbean and/or PRC are the two best candidates.
>
> What do others think? A really interesting session might be DH in/on
> China, for example. There is lots of great work going on.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -dan

Neil Fraistat
Professor of English & Director
Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH)
0301 Hornbake Library
University of Maryland
301-405-5896 or 301-314-7111 (fax)
http://www.mith.umd.edu/