[globaloutlookDH-l] Terms of reference, redux

Neil Fraistat nfraistat at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 09:00:11 MDT 2012

All,

Some further thoughts on structure: what if GO::DH were a special interest
group that reports to the Admissions Committee, which would then channel
follow up to the appropriate ADHO committee? This would give GO::DH a clear
place and reporting line within the overall ADHO structure and would help
to ensure that ADHO is speaking with one consistent voice to the new
communities it engages.

We might then think about the work of GO::DH as locating dh activity in
particular geographical areas not currently involved with ADHO, surveying
that activity, identifying key contact people and institutions,
ascertaining their interest in engaging with ADHO, and then making the
handshake to Admissions.

Would that make sense?
Neil

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Marcus Bingenheimer <
m.bingenheimer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Neil, Dan,
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM, O'Donnell, Dan <daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca>wrote:
>
>> Good idea! Maybe even a combination: invite COs to appoint
>> representatives to go::dh and have a go::dh observer on relevant committees.
>>

> Compared to most people on the list I am quite ignorant about how the ADHO
> works, but the above sounds like a good solution, considering global
> outreach is part of the agenda of different COs. ADHO would probably want a
> mechanism to facilitate communication on this evolving issue.
>
> marcus
>
> --
> Dr. Marcus Bingenheimer 馬德偉
> Department of Religion, Temple University
> http://mbingenheimer.net

Neil Fraistat
Professor of English & Director
Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH)
0301 Hornbake Library
University of Maryland
301-405-5896 or 301-314-7111 (fax)
http://www.mith.umd.edu/