[globaloutlookDH-l] Terms of reference, redux

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Oct 18 12:54:42 MDT 2012

I could see that in the idea: this is an excellent bit of language for
making it explicit.

I also agree that that is the place where the most natural interest
probably is. AND it reduces what was threatening to become a heavy
organisational overhead.

I'm guessing in terms of organisation we are now thinking something like
this:

Executive Committee consisting of 4-6 people ideally who are able to
spend some modicum of time thinking about it. Membership includes reps
from COs (presumably drawn from the people who were interested in it
anyway) and is drawn with some eye to distribution of geographic
interests or (keeping Oyvind's point in mind, hopefully geography).

Beyond that, no real limit on membership: if you are interested and want
to be on the mailing list, you are in.

Mandate is to research, promote, and facilitate global participation in
DH across the spectrum: encouraging researchers, institutions, students,
etc. to get in contact with each other and collaborate; encourage and
foster the development of organisations supporting DH in areas that
currently do not have a large presence in the ADHO community, generally
focus on encouraging contacts.

That's not so elegantly stated, but I'm sure we've had good language
earlier in the discussion.