[globaloutlookDH-l] Terms of reference, redux

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Oct 18 15:17:53 MDT 2012

This is all great. One thing I think we might want to add as we are
thinking about ToRs is that entirely successful out comes for us would
involve the issue Oyvind was raising: i.e. engagement on a personal level.

I certainly would be extremely pleased if some results of our work was
that we had projects and collaborations extending across the boundaries
that currently divide us: so that you see collaborations between
researchers in Africa and Canada, or PRC and Latin America, or Latin
America, Africa and Europe as much as we now see east-west collaborations.

I won't be able to return to drafting anything until the weekend, but
I'm beginning to see a consensus and some language that might get us as
far as a penultimate draft. I say this not to close discussion off (it
is proving very productive and will continue to be so, I suspect), but
to give a timeline.