[globaloutlookDH-l] Call for reviewers: especially with knowledge of Chinese, German, Polish and/or health informatics

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Aug 7 13:00:37 MDT 2013

Hi all,

As I think I announced just under a month ago, we had an excellent
response to the first GO::DH essay prize. There were 54 submissions in
seven languages and covering a very wide range of topics.

I have just finished assigning readers from our adjudication panel to
the papers. Between them, the 12 member panel have experience with 6 of
the seven languages and all topics represented in the pool. We could,
however, due with some reinforcements in a couple of areas:

We could use one or two more readers of the following languages:
Chinese, German, and Polish
We could use additional expertise in the following subject area: Health
Informatics and/or Development Informatics.

I would greatly appreciate nominations of potential readers with
experience in one or more of these languages and/or this subject area
(self-nominations are also welcome). You (or your nominee) do not need
experience in more than one of these languages or subject areas. These
are just four places where having an additional reader or two would be
very helpful to the committee.

Members of the adjudication committee can expect to have primary or
secondary responsibility for scoring 6-8 abstracts (3~4 as primary
reader, 3~4 as secondary reader). All members of the panel will be
expected to read all abstracts on the shortlist. The scoring needs to be
done by the second week in September.

If you or somebody you know has these skills and would like to join the
committee, please email me at daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca. The usual
conflict of interest rules will apply: readers will not be assigned
submissions from colleagues, former or current students, co-authors,
research partners, etc.

-dan

-- --- Daniel Paul O'Donnell Professor of English University of
Lethbridge Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4 Canada +1 403 393-2539