[globaloutlookDH-l] Closing the Gap

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:37:31 MDT 2013

At the moment, I'm working with Dennis Tenen and others to bring Thuan
Huynh's TraduWiki <http://traduwiki.org/> platform* to bear on projects
like this. Stay tuned for more as Thuan wraps up work on the next iteration
of TraduWiki and we work out the kinks of what we're calling for now the
Traduwiki Foundation.  One of our hopes is that the platform could work in
a way that allows scholars to write in the language they feel strongest and
that communities of translation will form around their work. I did not want
to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I feel we can get the
conversation started.

If we wanted both possibilities, both to translate or to adapt global
English to mainstream academy standards, we might be talking about two
platforms. The new version of the platform will allow for user permissions
that can keep some work private and some public, depending on your
preference. What the platform solves is the problem of assignment and
commitment.

I would love to work with the Translation Commons working group on this
initiative. It would help if we could find some beta testers ready to play
this year. We are also and keenly looking for folks who are willing to try
translation experiments in the classroom.

*N.B. Note that this is the old version of the platform. The new version
has been improved in many ways by the conversations we've had since the
launch of GO::DH.

Best,
A.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Dagmar Riedel <islamicbookcensus at gmail.com