[globaloutlookDH-l] Research bursaries: a request for some advice

Domenico Fiormonte domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:44:09 MST 2013

Dear all,

I think that the idea of the bursaries is great -- we really need to
encourage young researchers to investigate this topic and tell us how
they see the "global" future of DH.

Personally I'd prefer to have less prizes with a little more money
(how about 3 projects / 650$?)

My main concern, as others I guess, is once again LANGUAGE.
If we want to encourage students from non-English speaking countries
to submit their projects we have at least to offer the possibility to
submit in two languages -- English and another. (We might require the
knowledge of more than two languages anyway.)
Such a requirement (abstract at least in 2 languages) would be also
useful for testing and evaluating their potential as contributor to a
genuine multilingual and multicultural dialogue.

What do you think?

Buonanotte...

Domenico