[globaloutlookDH-l] Indian DH connection

Domenico Fiormonte domenico.fiormonte at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:21:19 MST 2013

Dear all,

it seems that a couple of messages I sent last night did not reach us.
I am resending only the second one with a small bit of the first one
-- just for the sake of context.

(The first one was a response to Ernesto Priego that can be found on
the list archive:
http://listserv.uleth.ca/pipermail/globaloutlookdh-l/2013-February/000230.html)

---------------------------------
[...] Since 2010 more than 50% of my research time goes to an Italian
ONG that ten years ago
helped a group of local people in Southern India to set up a school
(http://www.ilmondodelleidee.it/?lang=en). We work together for
creating new teaching and learning methodologies, and above all to
expand our cultural consciousness. Technology sometimes is important,
but is only a very small portion of the entire process (especially in
the context where we work).
All these experiences, among other things, have changed the way I
approach scientific work. I am less and less interested in academic
disputes, and more and more in cultural challenges and
interdisciplinary dialogues.

I will be in Southern India for a month starting from late February,
and I'd be very happy -- if distances would make it possible -- to
exchange ideas and experiences with Indian colleagues involved in DH
projects. I guess Dhanashree, Gurpreet and others could point me to
the right direction?

Thanks!

Domenico
p.s. Please feel free to reply off-list if you are interested, or
let's set up a sub-group as Daniel suggested!