[globaloutlookDH-l] Setting up a DH Institute

Neil Fraistat nfraistat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:48:33 MST 2013

Dear Dan, Barbara, and all,

centerNet is, in fact, about to kick off an initiative focused on the
starting up of DH centers that Lynne Siemens will be coordinating and I
will be participating in.

Our first step is collecting the names of people who are interested in this
subject, both from GO::DH and elsewhere, and getting into a focused
conversation with them that will take place over email and Skype.  We'll
also be gathering and sharing various documentary resources for reference,
a collection that we hope the group will ultimately contribute to.

We are very aware, though, that there is no one solution that will be right
for everyone and that starting centers in countries where the digital
humanities as a field is not yet highly visible poses yet another set of
challenges.

We'll be contacting all of the people who have written to me offlist. If
you have not yet done so but are interested in being part of this
conversation, please write to me or Lynne ( siemensl at uvic.ca) offlist.

Best,
Neil

>>> http://www.mith.umd.edu/