[globaloutlookDH-l] Reminder: call for volunteers for adjudication panel

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue Feb 19 14:30:43 MST 2013

Hi all,

A quick reminder: I'm looking for volunteers to help write the terms of
reference for and adjudicate submissions to a research prize that is
being funded by the University of Lethbridge through its institutional
Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) grant.

Because institutional expectations and norms vary so widely in this
area, I am extremely interested in trying to ensure diversity of
experience from as many regions, academic/intellectual cultures, and
types of economies as possible: in particular I'd like to make sure that
our terms are not inadvertently biased towards Anglophone North American
expectations about what types of people should be encouraged to
participate, how the competition should be structured, and what a
winning proposal might look like.

I have had a couple of volunteers already from North America and Western
Europe; I'd especially like to encourage volunteers from other regions
(though of course all are welcome)!

If possible, I'd like to have this working group in place by the end of
the week. If you are interested, please let me know by Friday.