Re: [globaloutlookDH-l] THATCamp Caribe 2: Cuba 2013 (English & Español)

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 04:38:17 MDT 2013

Hello Alex and all,

This is great news.

For what it's worth, I posted your message in Spanish as a post on my blog
for the Día de las Humanidades Digitales 2013.

http://dhd2013.filos.unam.mx/ernestopriego/2013/06/04/thatcamp-en-el-caribe-4-7-noviembre-2013/

All the best

Ernesto

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com> wrote:

> [English]
>
> Hi all,
>
> We just opened the registrations for our next THATCamp in the Caribbean<http://caribbean2013.thatcamp.org/>.
> This year we will be going to Cuba. The prestigious Casa de las Americas
> has agreed to host us November 4-7. The first two days will be dedicated to
> workshops, and the last two to the unconference. We hope this event will
> draw an international crowd. We have an excellent local team making sure we
> will have appropriate lodging and an international team now working on
> funding for selected campers. For those of you worried about visas, let me
> reassure you, it is perfectly doable to obtain the right permits to go to
> Cuba if you act a couple of months in advance.
>
> To register visit our registration page<http://caribbean2013.thatcamp.org/register/>.
> Registration is FREE. In fact the whole thing is free except for your
> travel and lodging expenses.
>
> [Español]
> Hola a todos,
> Acabamos de abrir las inscripciones para nuestro proximo THATCamp en el
> Caribe <http://caribbean2013.thatcamp.org/?lang=es>. ¡Este año nos vamos
> a Cuba! La prestigiosa Casa de las Americas ha ofrecido acogernos del 4 al
> 7 de Noviembre. Los dos primeros días serán dedicados a talleres, y los
> últimos dos a la desconferencia en si. Tenemos un equipo local organizando
> la estadía y otro internacional ocupándose de conseguir fondos para ayudar
> a participantes de bajo recursos.
>
> Para registrarse visiten nuestra página de inscripción<http://caribbean2013.thatcamp.org/register/?lang=es>.
> La inscripción es GRATIS. De hecho, la desconferencia y los talleres son
> todos gratis. El unico costo es el viaje y la estadía.
>
> Si tienen alguna pregunta sobre las desconferencias visiten nuestro sitio
> o envíenme un email.
>
> Espero verles en La Habana!
> Alex.

*Dr Ernesto Priego
Lecturer in Library Science, City University London
*
http://epriego.wordpress.com/  @ernestopriego<https://twitter.com/ernestopriego>
Coordinating Editor, The Comics Grid <http://www.comicsgrid.com/>:
http://www.comicsgrid.com/
The Comics & The Multimodal World International
Conference:http://www.thedclab.org/conference/
Please note that my old Yahoo email account is no longer in use.