[globaloutlookDH-l] Special reminder: Essay Competition

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sun Jun 23 11:03:27 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to encourage everybody on this list to promote the essay prize call, especially if they have contacts who may not be on lists like humanist, digital medievalist, tei, and the like.

We have had a pretty good response, but since it is a premise of GO::DH that we seem to exist in networks that do not always intersect well, I'd like to call on the experience and expertise of this list to make sure that the call is getting to everybody who may be able to contribute usefully.

The original webpage announcing the competition is here: http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/global-outlookdigital-humanities-global-digital-humanities-essay-prize/

The deadline is June 30th, but we are going to be a little flexible around that deadline but ensure nobody is excluded because they have last minute infrastructure glitches (also I'm actually travelling that day and giving a paper the next and so won't be checking the email).

The competition is open to anybody at any rank, any type (or absence) of institutional affiliation, and from any region. Submissions can be in any language (we're going to find somebody who can read things we can't on our large and linguistically diverse adjudication panel). We especially welcome essays from researchers and students working in or on Mid and Low Income economic regions, though the competition is by no means restricted to people from those regions.

Once again, let me encourage you to let your colleagues know about this competition and especially encourage anybody who is interested to apply!

-dan

Email address for enquiries: prizes at globaloutlookdh.org (though they can also email me.