[globaloutlookDH-l] Re: Interview with Dan O'Donnell, Call for translations

Ernesto Priego efpriego at gmail.com
Wed May 8 01:29:48 MDT 2013

Dear Gurpreet, everyone,

Thank you for your reply and offers to do translations.

Normally I would not set a deadline since this is volunteer work, but then
again it will get a bit crazy for me if I have to keep receiving and
editing posts in an ongoing fashion. Also it would be much better if we
manage to publish some translations not too late after the original English
was published (this was yesterday). So I suggest we set the deadline for
Friday 14 June.

I would include hyperlinks to any translated texts from the original
English version and re-distribute that post on Twitter announcing the new
translations. The translated posts will also link to the other versions.

So far Spanish, Japanese and now Punjabi and Hindi have been taken.

If anyone reading this list would like to offer doing a translation of a
language which is not any of the above (note this is not of the original
full-length published post but of the SHORT version edited by Dan which I
attached to my previous message) please say so in reply to this message on
this thread (to the whole list).

In terms of guidelines only request is you use a .txt file format (sent to
efpriego at gmail.com, not this list) and you leave the hyperlinks as they
are, with any translation of the hyperlinked text bertween square brackets
[ ] next to them. Please name your file 4Humanities O'Donnell Interview
YOUR LANGUAGE

I hope this clarifies all questions; any other specific queries please
email me offlist, but all offers to do translations should be made publicly
so everyone knows what has been already taken and what hasn't.

All the best,

Ernesto