[globaloutlookDH-l] paper on global DH at re:publica 13

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed May 8 11:26:16 MDT 2013

I don't see why we can't use our site for this kind of thing: I'm not
the webmaster, but I believe that this was very much what we were hoping
to use it for. I think it might be really cool to set up a group of
regular correspondents who report on this kind of thing, either directly
on our webspace or through syndication of theirs on ours.

And in terms of a journal, let me say that DSCN
(http://digitalstudies.org/) is /extremely /interested in publishing
this kind of thing. It is an ADHO journal that was founded by the
Canadian Society for Digital Humanities/Société canadienne pour les
humanités numériques. It has recently begun a transition to a major
focus on Global DH and Multicultural/Multilingual DH and is very
interested in refereeable submissions on these topics (I'm also the
newly confirmed Editor-in-Chief). With ADHO and the University of
Lethbridge, DSCN is one of the three sponsors of the Global DH essay
competition
<http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/global-outlookdigital-humanities-global-digital-humanities-essay-prize/>,
something I'm hoping we might be able to fund regularly going forward.

-dan