[globaloutlookDH-l] DH & race/class/gender/disability

Craig Bellamy txt at craigbellamy.net
Sat May 11 19:03:55 MDT 2013

Hi Adeline,

I am not sure how to engage with this. They are wonderful and noble
ideas, and sure I may agree with them in some other context, but
'post-colonial DH', what could this possible mean?

There is an old joke, there are 2 types of people in the world, those
that draw conclusions from incomplete data!

Today is a very sunny day here in Melbourne. I am going to walk down the
road and get a cheese cake from the little Greek cafe that  always go
to. If you or Adeline are ever in Melbourne, perhaps you could join me
and discuss your problems with XML ,

Kind regards,

Craig

On 12/05/2013 3:42 AM, Adeline Koh wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> DHPoco (Postcolonial Digital Humanities) published an Open Thread
> yesterday on whether DH has historically provided refuge from
> race/class/gender/sexuality/disability. We've had a terrific, if
> US-centric, discussion  so far, and hope list members will add their
> thoughts.
>
> Here is the link:
> http://dhpoco.org/2013/05/10/open-thread-the-digital-humanities-as-a-historical-refuge-from-raceclassgendersexualitydisability/
>
> Best,