[globaloutlookDH-l] DH & race/class/gender/disability

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Sat May 11 21:11:59 MDT 2013

Dear Craig,

As one of the list moderators and one of the believers in this little experiment we call GO::DH, let me publicly encourage you to be more respectful of our peers in our international network. We are already fighting against enormous odds. The network in general is supportive of academic discourse on tough issues like race, gender and colonialism because those continue to be important questions to most of us. It doesn't help to dismiss the debates with a condescending offer to sort out technical issues. I know you were trying to be funny. They're not all hits. I should know, I put my foot in my mouth all the time.

As much as we can keep humor alive while remaining civil and professional, I encourage all members of the list to do so.

Here's one: a skeleton walks into a bar and shouts to the bartender "give me a beer and a mop!"

Cheers,
A.

Sent from my iPhone