[globaloutlookDH-l] paper on global DH at re:publica 13

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sun May 12 09:55:30 MDT 2013

I really think we should go this way. As I've probably said, we had
pretty good success with it at digitalmedievalist when we pushed it.

It is a great thing for graduate students to do, for example, because it
involves keeping up on the literature--and so is something that allows
them to make dual use of something that is often their main task anyway.

And I think your point about language is also excellent: the one
difficulty in a context like digitalmedievalist is that the expectation
is that the correspondence is in English. Especially for junior grad
students who are perhaps just getting used to working with academic
writing in English, that can be quite intimidating. Being able to write
in your home language is a nice way of easing into the process of
writing about research--and there is nothing that stops one from
translating into English or eventually even writing in it if that is
what one likes.

I'm all in favour!