[globaloutlookDH-l] Re: DH & race/class/gender/disability

Marcus Bingenheimer m.bingenheimer at gmail.com
Mon May 13 07:36:30 MDT 2013

Dear Adeline,

Thanks for the "Invisible Australians" example. I too did not quite get the
drift of "Postcolonial Digital Humanities" at first.
I, and possibly Craig too, seemed to think that the term implies that the
way you use digital technology is somehow specifically "postcolonial" as
compared with a digital resource for the type of history that defines
itself as "postcolonial".

I have produced digital resources in the domain of Buddhist Studies, if I
called my work "Buddhist Digital Humanities" would that be helpful?

Perhaps these problems are tied to the fact that the term DH will soon
reach the end of its shelf life. In a world where all information in the
Humanities is digital or digitally mediated does it still make sense to
speak of DH?

all the best

marcus

--
Dr. Marcus Bingenheimer 馬德偉
Department of Religion, Temple University