[globaloutlookDH-l] Around the world symposium

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:05:23 MDT 2013

Hi all, I forward a message from Geoffrey Rockwell that went out today
inviting us to a 24 hour online symposium that spans the globe.

Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 09:14:12 -0600
        From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel at ualberta.ca>
        Subject: Around the World Symposium

Around the World Symposium on Technology and Culture, May 30, 2013!

Join us for a 24 hour online symposium on digital culture. Scholars from
around the world will be presenting short papers and engaging in live panel
discussions in an innovative online event that travels from institute to
institute around the world.

This sustainable Symposium is being hosted by the Kule Institute for
Advanced Study at the University of Alberta in partnership with research
institutes in Japan, Brazil, Australia, the UK, Ireland and the United
States.

For more information, for a tentative schedule, and to watch the stream see:

        http://aroundtheworld.ualberta.ca

You can tune in at anytime on May 30th or come back later. We will archive
all the talks and panels!
The University of Alberta opening remarks will be at 11am (Mountain Time)
in the Senate chamber on the 3rd floor of Old Arts. These will be followed
by a panel of speakers from the University of Alberta.

International proceedings streaming from leading digital humanities
scholars from around the world begin online in the early morning of May 30 -
check the blog for a schedule and to view the stream!