[globaloutlookDH-l] Digest problems

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed May 15 12:33:00 MDT 2013

Hi all,

Some people had been reporting that they were getting many digest emails
in a single day, which defeats the purpose, of course.

As I thought, the problem was that it was sending out an email everytime
there was more than 50kb in the queue.

I've now set the threshold for sending an email to 1MB. This means that
if there is more than 1MB of traffic in a 24hour period, it will send
out a digest email each time it hits 1MB; if there is less than 1MB in a
24 hour period (or at the end of the 24 hour period), it will send out a
single email.

Let me know if this causes any problems. The main flaw that I can see is
that it means that the digest email may be relatively big for people on
low bandwith.