Re: [globaloutlookDH-l] DíaHD2013

Neil Fraistat nfraistat at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:07:23 MDT 2013

I've sent the announcement to the centerNet listserv, and it is now up on
the centerNet Website and will shortly appear on the ADHO Website.

Best,
Neil

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Tim Thompson <timathom at gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI: I just posted Isabel's announcement to the GO::DH site (with a nod to
> Ernesto).
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim A. Thompson
> Metadata Librarian
> University of Miami Libraries
> 1300 Memorial Drive
> Coral Gables, Florida 33124
> www.library.miami.edu
>
> (305) 284-1827 (office)
> (201) 423-9972 (mobile)
> www.linkedin.com/in/timathompson
> t.thompson5 at miami.edu
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Ernesto Priego <efpriego at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> There was another thread already about this started by Domenico earlier
>> this morning (morning over here across the pond, that is). Unless I am
>> confused and not everyone gets the same messages/threads?
>>
>> Anyway I think that it should definitely help to have it promoted
>> everywhere.
>>
>> I have posted Isabel's bilingual announcement on my blog, 4Humanities and
>> HASTAC already.
>>

>> https://epriego.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/dia-de-las-humanidades-digitales-2013-en-espanol-y-portugues/
>>
>> I would like to emphasise publicly I wish I'd known this was on the works
>> back when the planning started. It's not like there are so many of us out
>> there... (sorry, need to be honest here-- the reasons for me expressing
>> this are professional, not personal).
>>
>> All the best

>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Daniel O'Donnell <
>> daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>  Great idea. Isabel, would it help in anyway to have a page at the go:dh
>>> site pushing it? E.g. a blog entry or a project page?
>>>

>>> On 13-05-15 08:52 AM, igalina wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear All,
>>> Some of you may be interested in the following invitation to participate
>>> in DíaHD (Día de Humanidades Digitales) to be held on 10th of June 2013.
>>> Similarly to DayofDH the aim of the project is to document for one day what
>>> digital humanists do. This particular version focuses on digital humanists
>>> from the Portuguese and Spanish speaking countries or researchers from
>>> other parts of the world that work primarily in these languages.  We hope
>>> to provide a forum that will help us identify digital humanists in these
>>> regions as well as providing them with the opportunity to share their
>>> work.
>>> DíaHD is organized by:
>>> CenterNet
>>> Humanidades Digitales Hispánicas. Sociedad Internacional (HDH)
>>> Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
>>> Red de Humanidades Digitales (RedHD)
>>> Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
>>> Humanidades Digitais, Universidade de São Paulo
>>>
>>> Please distribute as widely as possible.
>>>
>>> Isabel Galina
>>> (Red de Humanidades Digitales RedHD)
>>>
>>> --------
>>> DíaHD
> [...]

Neil Fraistat
Professor of English & Director
Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH)
0301 Hornbake Library North
University of Maryland
301-405-5896 or 301-314-7111 (fax)
http://www.mith.umd.edu/