[globaloutlookDH-l] Fwd: Suggestions for Keynote Speakers for future ADHO conferences (REMINDER)

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon May 20 18:12:29 MDT 2013

Hi all,

A repeat this call for suggestions for potential keynote speakers. To
recap: for a variety of reasons, Keynote speakers at DH conferences in
the past have tended to come from High Income Economies. As part of a
general interest in emphasising and benefitting from the diversity of
our global community, we are looking to make sure that we are not
overlooking names of potential speakers from Mid and Low Income
Economies as well.

If you have suggestions for names we could put on our list for
consideration, I'd be very greatly if you would contact me at
daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca (out of consideration to all, it is probably
better that this be done privately rather than publicly on the list). I
will then pass this list on, initially, at least, to the organising
committee for DH 2014.

I would like to pass this list on to the committee no later than *Monday
**May 27, 2013* (i.e. next Monday).

I should stress that this is not a nomination list intended specifically
for DH2014: the point is rather to begin collecting names that programme
committees can use when putting together this and future programmes.

Thanks very much!

-dan

P.S. It has been pointed out to me that when I first published this
call, I was a little vague about who was involved in the collection and
who was doing the asking. This initiative is being conducted
specifically on the request of the DH2014 committee, but it has been
discussed at the ADHO Steering Committee and with the ADHO chair. The
list is bing put together by me in conjunction with some other members
of the DH2014 committee. And the list is non-binding: all we are seeking
to do is ensure that we are not overlooking potential candidates due to
inadequacies in our collegial networks; it is a premise of Global
Outlook DH that bridging such inadequacies is both necessary and a Good
Thing. This request is being issued in that spirit!