[globaloutlookDH-l] Scholar and Scientific publication in Mid and Low Income economies

David Golumbia dgolumbia at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:01:57 MDT 2013

Hi Dan,

You may have this already, but just in case, as they are by no means well
known enough: the JSTOR Developing Nations Access and African Access
Initiatives both offer reduced-cost or free access to all or most of the
JSTOR content to all academic and non-profit institutions in the 80
countries in the lower tier of World Bank economic ratings and in all of
Africa (they are two separate initiatives and these criteria overlap
significantly):

http://about.jstor.org/libraries/developing-nations-access-initiative
http://about.jstor.org/libraries/african-access-initiative

There are also a variety of programs to make the archives available to
other groups and individuals.

(I'm not affiliated in any way with JSTOR, but given the intense media
attention JSTOR has received, it's a topic I've spent some time
investigating.)

David

--
David Golumbia