[globaloutlookDH-l] Scholar and Scientific publication in Mid and Low Income economies

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sun May 26 08:31:24 MDT 2013

To those of you who are interested in this question (or in scholarly
publishing more generally): let me recommend that you sign up at
http://force11.org/. This is beginning to look like a really interesting
group. Not one that will replace all the various other groups and
associations out there, but one that is very interested in discovering
and working with the gaps between the different disciplinary areas. It
began as a group focussed on the needs particularly of scientists and on
data publication, but it is rapidly developing in ways that are very
interesting to everybody else interested in scholarly publishing.

And I think their Beyond the PDF conference--despite its name--is going
to become extremely interesting.

-dan