[globaloutlookDH-l] Scholar and Scientific publication in Mid and Low Income economies

Taylor,Laurie Nancy Francesca laurien at ufl.edu
Mon May 27 08:34:03 MDT 2013

For sharing resources and building capacity for internet access in places where it’s not available, too slow, and/or too expensive, the eGranary Digital Library program is a great, large-scale model that does the work to share resources and demonstrates a model for doing this work:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGranary_Digital_Library
The sharing system/network established by eGranary could present an opportunity to build on the network for distribution of locally created resources with the rest of the world.

Much of the world, including many universities in the US, are still working to get to PDF for a digital-first publication for masters theses and similar scholarly works. These are often created digitally and then printed for library holding/support/access purposes.  While an example like masters theses would not be beyond the PDF, getting to the PDF would be of great value and benefit, and it’s a need shared for so many institutions across the world and for all fields in sciences, humanities, etc.

Laurie