[globaloutlookDH-l] Closing the Gap

Marin Dacos marin.dacos at openedition.org
Mon Sep 2 00:24:15 MDT 2013

Dear all,

All initiatives going in this direction are very important. In France, a
new project close to TraduWiki is called TLHUB. http://tlhub.org/en

We (OpenEdition) will test it and give some feedback.

Best regards,
Marin

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Alex Gil <colibri.alex at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> hispanohablantes. Tras año y medio de trabajo (seleccion, traducción,
>>> aceptación del proyecto por la editorial, edición, firma de contratos) nos
>>> rechasaron el original, porque "There are currently errors throughout".
>>> Por supuesto, ni se tomaron el trabajo de advertir en qué parte del
>>> libro están los errores. Y las autoras no estamos capacitadas para
>>> reconocerlos. ¿Dónde nos metemos ahora?
>>> Una parte del grupo está hablando de contratar revisión de modo
>>> colectivo, pero vivo en Cuba y me es imposible hacer aporte monetario
>>> alguno (mi salario y el bloqueo, ¡qué mezcla maravillosa!).
>>> Por encima de mi singularidad geopolítica, está de nuevo la hegemonía
>>> del inglés: necesitamos ese libro para entrar a los índices "importantes",
>>> pero no podemos negociar con la editorial, ¿alguna solución?

>>> Just now I´m in an idiomatic gap.
>>> I´m part of a proyect to publish a book with a congress papers in a
>>> british editorial. Most of us (it was a congress of women studies at
>>> Portugal) spoke/write spanish or portugues (¿?). After a year and a alf of
>>> work (selection, translation, arrangement with the publishers, edition,
>>> contracts) the original was reyected because "There are currently
>>> errors throughout".
>>> Of course, they are to busy to say were are the errors, and as
>>> non-english speakers we are not calified to recognice that kind of thing.
>>> What are we going to do now?
>>> A part of the group is considering a contract to get a fully reviewed
>>> version, but I live in Cuba, and I can´t afford that (my income and the USA
>>> embargo, wonderfull mixture!).
>>> Beyond the geopolitics singularity of my cincunstances, this is, again,
>>> an issue about english hegemony: we need the book to get in to the
>>> "important index", buy we are not able to negotiate with the publishing
>>> house. Any idea?
>>>
>>> Yasmín S. Portales Machado
>>> --------------------------------------
>>> Marxista, Feminista y Bloguera
>>>
>>> Twitter: @nimlothdecuba
>>> Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=663817529
>>> Mi blog: http://yasminsilvia.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> Parte de Proyecto Arcoiris
>>> Colectivo LGBT de Cuba, anticapitalista e independiente
>>> http://proyectoarcoiris.wordpress.com/
>>>
>>> Parte de Observatorio Crítico de Cuba
>>> ¡A la izquierda, pero por la izquierda!
>>> http://observatoriocriticodesdecuba.wordpress.com/
>>>
>>> "El feminismo ha puesto en evidencia, mejor que ninguna otra corriente
>>> de pensamiento, tanto la arbitrariedad del psicoanálisis como la
>>> insuficiencia del marxismo, es decir, ha cuestionado los dos grandes
>>> modelos totalizadores del siglo XX."
>>> Carlo Frabetti

>>> You are currently subscribed to this list in NON-digest mode. This means
>>> you receive every message as it is posted.
>>>
>>> If this represents too much traffic, you can also subscribe in DIGEST
>>> mode. This sends out a single email once a day containing the entire day's
>>> postings. To change your settings go to
>>> http://listserv.uleth.ca/mailman/options/globaloutlookdh-l You can
>>> request a password reminder from this page if you have forgotten yours.

Marin Dacos - http://www.openedition.org
Director - Centre for Open Electronic Publishing - CNRS - EHESS -
Aix-Marseille Université (AMU) - Université d'Avignon
OpenEdition is now a Facility of
Excellence<http://www.openedition.org/10221?lang=en>
* *(Equipex)

*Nouvelle adresse postale :*
OpenEdition - 38 Rue Frédéric Joliot Curie - F - 13013 Marseille Cedex 20

Tél : 04 13 55 03 40 Tél. direct : 04 13 55 03 39 Fax : 04 13 55 03 41

Skype : marin.dacos - Google hangout : marin.dacos at openedition.org
Twitter [FR] : http://twitter.com/marindacos<http://twitter.com/#%21/marindacos>
Twitter [EN] : http://twitter.com/openmarin