[globaloutlookDH-l] Open Access Journals Outside High Income Economies

O'Donnell, Dan daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Sep 9 18:35:22 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm on the executive committee at force11.org, a Community of Practice focussed on the future of Research Communication and e-Scholarship. It is an interesting group because of the range of domains and sectors it involves: Science and humanities, Commercial and Open access, and so on.

We're in the early planning stages of a series of workshops on "the Commons and the Silo", in which we want to look specifically at what is common and what is unique across the entire domain of scholarly and Scientific dissemination.

I have two questions that this group is probably the best place to ask.

The first is whether anybody knows of similar groups focussed specifically on the issues of Research Communication and dissemination outside the High Income World or of initiatives we really should know about about scholarly communication in a global context (I should stress, BTW, that this ignorance is a reflection on me not Force11).

The second is whether anybody on this list is working on anything similar and/ or would be interested in being kept in the loop on our progress.

Thanks in advance as always to this super helpful group!

P.S. If you are interested in these things, please feel free to say here. But also consider joining force11. It really is an interesting group!

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Department of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1J  2X5
CANADA

+1 403 393 2539
daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
@DanielPaulOD
http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/
http://dpod.kakelbont.ca/

Sent from my Samsung tablet, probably using handwriting recognition. Which means less typos than on my phone, but often Strange capitalisation.