[globaloutlookDH-l] Reminder: CFP - Minimal Computing Working Group at DH2014

John Simpson john.simpson at ualberta.ca
Mon Apr 28 20:29:46 MDT 2014

The GO::DH Minimal Computing Working Group will kickstart itself at DH2014 with a workshop.  A key component of this workshop is a series of lightning talks (2-5 minute presentations) on current work going on in the area from around the globe.  The deadline for submissions is May 1.

As CFPs go the requirements are pretty light: just a single page on what you have been up to regarding minimal computing, whether it be working with hardware, software, theory, or any combination thereof.  We even have provisions being put in place to include those who would like to participate but who will not be in Switzerland for DH2014.

We can take up to 30 submissions for the workshop and expect that all submissions will be included in a bundled PDF file that will be circulated to the DH community and made available on the working group web page.

Sound great but just finding out about this now?  Need a little more time?  Send workshop organizer John Simpson a note at john.simpson at ualberta.ca
 and we'll happily work out a short extension with you.

CHECK OUT THE FULL CFP AT
http://www.globaloutlookdh.org/working-groups/minimal-computing/kickstart-workshop/

-John

John Simpson
University of Alberta
Postdoctoral Fellow, Text Mining & Visualization for Literary History
Postdoctoral Fellow, INKE