[globaloutlookDH-l] Call for nominations (please circulate)

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue Feb 4 08:38:38 MST 2014

Global Outlook::Digital Humanities is holding elections under its new
bylaws. In subsequent years, we are supposed to hold our elections in
January. For this first year, the elections are being held in February.

The new bylaws require an elected executive of 8 members. In this first
year, all 8 positions are vacant. In subsequent years, half the board
will come up for election, meaning we'll always have some continuity.
The executive chooses a chair from among its membership and appoints all
the officers the organisation requires. The executive is responsible for
setting policy for the organisation.

Anybody who is a subscriber to globaloutlookdh-l may stand as a
candidateand/or vote in the election . As always at GO::DH, we are
really eager to encourage regional, linguistic, economic, and cultural
diversity among our governing body, so we especially encourage people
who feel their communities are not reflected in the broader world of DH
to stand for election.

The elections will follow a two week nomination period. The nomination
period closes February 15. You can nominate anybody who is a member of
the globaloutlookdh-l list, including yourself, as a candidate, though
we ask that you check with your nominee first. Although this is our
first nomination period, experience at other organisations suggests that
self-nominations will be the norm rather than the exception.

For this first year, half the people elected to the board will be
elected to a one year (renewable) term and half will be elected to a two
year (renewable) term. In submitting nominations, could you indicate if
you or your nominee would prefer a one or a two year term.

The returning officer for this election is Mia Angelica
Alcantara-Santiago. Please send nominations to her at
nominations at globaloutlookdh.org.