[globaloutlookDH-l] DH Awards

igalina igalina at unam.mx
Tue Feb 4 09:23:08 MST 2014

Dear James,
I am so glad that you are on this list and were able to clarify.  As I mentioned I really like DH Awards and I can vouch for the fact that there has been an effort to include resources from all over the world.  I think that the non-English category threw me off a bit, as it seems to imply then that the other categories are for English-only resources.
In your reply you ask whether the non-English category should be available at all.  It seems to me that maybe not but rather as you suggest, make an explicit reminder that any language is allowed in any category.  I don't know what others think.  I also think that as we get more non-English DH regional communities forming (which is definitely the case!), we shall also have available more communication channels so that more people find out about the DH awards.
I honestly hope that you do the awards again next year!
Best wishes,
Isabel

Dra. Isabel Galina Russell
Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliográficas,
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
igalina at unam.mx
@igalina