[globaloutlookDH-l] DH Awards Suggestion

James Cummings James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 9 08:11:11 MST 2014

Marin,

Merci! C'est aussi un bon point. Le plan était certainement pour
cette année (2014) pour traduire l'appel à candidatures et
l'appel à voter en plusieurs langues (et de vous approcher pour
l'aide!). Mais puisque vous savez que mon français est terrible
alors...

Thanks! Also a good point. The plan was definitely for this year
to translate the call for nominations and call to vote into
multiple languages (and will approach you guys to help!). I
should probably target Mandarin, Spanish, Hindi, and Arabic if
possible. (According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers)
but I suppose that depends on volunteers.  I understand the
difficulty of describing something by use of negation of the
category you are starting from - very difficult not to. In the
case of 'non-fiction', for example, this sometimes encompasses
some material I wouldn't, in English, describe as 'factual'. I
will try to endeavour to stress the positive 'any language'
aspect even more going forward.

Many thanks,
-James

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk