[globaloutlookDH-l] Help with position ads for PoCo in English (TT)?

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Feb 27 15:00:17 MST 2014

Hi all,

We may be about to receive permission to hire a tenure track, junior
position in Post Colonial literature focussing on Anglophone literature
(we need to wait for a budget to come down, next Thursday). There is a
slight chance it might be a different discipline, but the betting is on
PoCo.

I've been looking around for example ads, especially those that might
include a digital component. A quick search is not showing many that
mention DH explicitly. Does anybody know of examples with DH and
PostColonial?

If the job is allowed, BTW, we should know by the end of next week. It
will be a 2:2 teaching load (reduced, probably to 1:2 in the first
year), with start up research funds (I am told recently in the range of
$10k-15k, though it is entirely subject to negotiation and budget
conditions), and a great institutional interest in both graduate studies
and DH. The position will be emphatically about Anglophone literature, I
suspect (we are very short handed at the moment) and people will be
expected to be able to teach other general courses in English literature
(surveys, genres, first year, that type of thing). The University of
Lethbridge doesn't really teach remedial composition and what
composition is taught is not taught in English. So all your teaching
would be literary/domain-specific.

Independently of this position, we are in the process of putting
together a major University-wide incubator programme that will have a
heavy DH component, including what looks like a new knowledge
Mobilisation or Maker's lab. An appropriate person would be welcome to
participate in this.

I'll know more next week and it is always possible it may fall through.
But in the meantime if you know of good ads we could model ours on, I'd
appreciate the tip!