[globaloutlookDH-l] Fwd: [Humanist] 27.665 ADHO membership-only rates

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Jan 6 14:00:49 MST 2014

I've run into this before--and having just paid for part of the Havana
unconference, am now extremely versed in the issues involved in banking
and Cuba.

My guess is either they've taken the list from somebody under the
embargo (I've had this happen before) or they have no banking
arrangements with Cuba (a major headache I ran into this time). On the
World Bank site, Cuba is listed as an upper middle income economy
(http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups#Upper_middle_income),
though I saw an article over the weekend that would suggest that is a
misplacement.

-dan