[globaloutlookDH-l] M.A. Vacancies, University of Lethbridge

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue Jan 21 16:24:07 MST 2014

Hi all,

I am accepting applications from potential students for an M.A. in
English (Digital Humanities) at the University of Lethbridge. I am
particularly interested in students with interests in
scholarly/scientific publishing, 3D visualisation, Digital Cultural
Heritage, the Public Humanities, and digital Critical/Editorial studies.
You can find out more about my research at my website:
http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/

The University of Lethbridge programme follows an apprenticeship model,
where students apply to work with a specific supervisor and work very
closely with him or her throughout their programme. The M.A. requires a
minimum of 4 courses in addition to a 80-120 page thesis. In the case of
Digital Humanities projects, alternatives to a paper thesis may be
considered. Students registered at the University of Lethbridge are also
eligible to take additional graduate courses at other Western Canadian
Universities including the Universities of Calgary, Alberta, and
Saskatchewan, all of which have strong Digital Humanities programmes.

The University has recently revamped its financial award system. The
amount of funding available varies according to the student's Grade
Point Average (GPA) or equivalent on admission:

> Students with entrance GPAs of 3.3 and above, and subject to
> departmental recommendation, will be
> considered for two full SGS Graduate Assistantships per year, valued
> at $3,600 each ($30 per hour for
> 120 hours). All duties must be assigned and performed during the
> semester in which the assistantship is
> paid. All SGS Graduate Assistantships are subject to the tenets of the
> GSA Collective Agreement.

> Students with entrance GPAs of 3.5 and above, and subject to
> departmental recommendation, will be
> considered for an SGS Tuition Award, renewable for the
> within-residency duration of the student’s
> program. For international students the awards will be valued at
> $13,000 per year and $4,000 per year
> (during the period of continuation fees). For domestic students the
> awards will be valued at $6,000
> per year and $2,000 per year (during the period of continuation fees).
> Students may hold an SGS Tuition
> Award concurrently with an SGS Graduate Assistantship.

> Students with entrance GPAs of 3.7 and above, and subject to
> departmental recommendation, will be
> considered for an SGS Dean’s Scholarship. The scholarship is valued at
> $10,000 per year, and is
> renewable for the within-residency duration of the student’s program,
> subject to terms and conditionsassociated with application for
> external funding. Students may hold an SGS Dean’s Scholarship
> concurrently with an SGS Tuition Award and an SGS Graduate Assistantship.

In addition, I have access to several Research Assistantships for
qualified students. The precise value of these are currently under
review, but they were worth $7000 per year in 2012-2013. These are
awarded on a competitive basis.

The deadline for foreign (i.e. non-Canadian) applications is February 1,
2013. Students considering applying should contact me at
daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca as soon as possible and consult the University
of Lethbridge School of Graduate Studies website:
http://www.uleth.ca/graduatestudies/