[globaloutlookDH-l] Must reads in Global DH?

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Fri Jan 31 11:10:54 MST 2014

I wonder if we could think of a way of doing a regular round up by
language of blogs and other articles. I.e. something where somebody who
reads Italian well, for example, writes a regular column on what's hot
in the italian DH (or perhaps, better said, IU) blogosphere and research
world. And for Spanish, and/or for regions (South America, Caribbean,
Asia, etc.).

My suggestion would be that we could appoint some correspondents who
would write their own blog posting every so often (might be a nice set
of CV lines for a graduate student). I could check to see if Digital
Studies was interested in publishing them as well. I'm torn about
whether it is better to have people write the reports in the language
they are most comfortable in (our idealised practice at GO::DH) or in
the lingua franca, since the point is to bring bibliography that might
not be known outside of a speech community into the open.

What do people think?