[globaloutlookDH-l] DH Whisperer's

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:28:05 MDT 2014

Hi all,

I see two possible groups here. A revamping of the translation commons
tackling the multilingualism question, working on the toolkit, etcera. The
other group would be a 'directory' group, which could take on the task of
expanding the work of #arounddh, working with the regional networks,
individual channels, etc. to start the lofty work of creating a register of
dh projects and teams. I don't see this work coming to fruition overnight,
but continuing the work of DHCommons, MapaHD, DiRT and others at a global
stage. We could start informally, building a rudimentary data system. I
have already been working with the former on a minimal metadata standard
for DH project data exchange. We could push the standard and then have a
way to absorb projects coming up. That said, DHCommons might be a better
place to build the data system, and we could simply help coordinate around
the world.

My two cents,
a.