[globaloutlookDH-l] DH Whisperer's

Alex Gil colibri.alex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:49:16 MDT 2014

Excellent. I agree we should bring her in. Right now we've been having the
conversation in a smaller group, but I don't see any reason why we can't
open it up to the larger group also for comment. In the spirit of openness,
here's the metadata standard that I offered recently for discussion:

MINIMUM/REQUIRED

   - Project Title
   - Team/Individual
   - Production Site(s)
   - Type (TaDiRAH?)
   - Language(s)
   - Brief Description
   - Status (planning, alpha, active, preserved, etc)
   - URI

OPTIONAL

   - Dates
   - DiRT category (for tools)?
   - Media Assets
   - Subject
   - Contact Info
   - Referred By
   - Funding type
   - Production method
   - Notes

Some fields can take any data, others we felt we should have pre-determined
categories. These are on a separate sheet in the excel file below. The
categories with predetermined options are Type, Production method, Stages and
Funding type.

What do you think?

>>> http://www.mith.umd.edu/